Monday, March 30, 2009

Photographs

My very first post! I had decided to put this project on hold for a while. I was very busy & felt the need to step back and review my commitments. Then we all ended up with the stomach bug, which circulated through our house for 2 weeks. A friend of mine encouraged me to pick it back up and gave me some pointers on getting going. (Thanks Kimmie).


The last year of so I have picked up photography as my new hobby. I love it. There are so many of God's creations that I want to take pictures of. I don't have photoshop or any other photo editing program yet, so everything you see is un-edited, but I hope you can enjoy them with me just the same. I figured I start my blog with some of my favorites.


Butterfly - This is the photo that started my love for photography.



One of our daughters has low vision and is unable to track fast moving objects. (Primarily animals & insects). They don't stay still longer enough. We saw this butterfly one day & I decided to run in and grab the camera. When I came out it was on my lilac bush. It stuck around long enough for one picture & it was perfect for her to see the true beauty of a butterfly - up close & personal. From this picture my passion grew to help her see the smallest of flowers - to the deer too far away for her to see. Below are just some of my other favorites.








1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Whoa...you don't need photoshop...your pictures are excellent. The butterfly one is really gorgeous!

Happy first post...may God bring you loads of new friends and may He use your 'blog voice' to touch others.

xoxox
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Since April 2010

AmazingCounters.com