Friday, May 28, 2010

Pacifier Addiction Withdrawals - Update

I didn't want to bore everyone with daily updates, but I did want to continue, because I'm sure there is someone out there who needs encouragement that they can get through this. You can do it! Just have patience.

Day 4 - We made HUGE progress today.  I noticed periods of time where she was actually playing and had forgotten about it.  Not long periods, but progress non the less.  Total crying time: Approx. 8 hours. YAY!!!

Day 5 - Much the same as Day 4.  A few more periods of time without missing it, but not many more.  I'm beginning to feel like its working though.

Day 6  - Today was MUCH better. She's still asking....and still crying, but she's going longer in between.  Total crying time: Approx. 5 hours.  WOOHOO!!!

Day 8 - I think we're going to make it.  Lots of crying first thing when she gets up, lots of crying in the car, but other than that just a bunch of whining to see if I'll give in.  She's truly ecstatic when naptime comes and I give it to her. We're down to about 2 - 3 hours of crying! YEAH!!!

I'm starting to think that maybe I was as addicted to it as she was :). After all I was giving it to her because I didn't like the pitch of her scream. Because it kept her quiet there was a benefit in it for the rest of us.  But, around Day 6 I noticed a BIG improvement in her speech.  Before, only about 50% of her words were clear, now it's about 75%.  It's getting easier to have a conversation with her now.

Car rides are still the hardest.

I'll continue to update every few days on how it's going, but I don't think there will be any more drastic changes on a daily basis.  If you're weaning your child, or thinking of doing it, just know you need to stick with it. You can do it!!!

8 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh her face is priceless.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, boy, the face is still not happy ... hang in there, mom ;-)

Julia said...

That is awesome! Sounds like it's going very well... hopefully not too much longer before she completely forgets about it!

Rebecca said...

You are brave I don't think I have it in me to listen to crying ALL day for several days. Keep up the good work! Hopefully not to much longer. ...and hopefully we don't have struggles with the passy like this b/c my daughter never used one.

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Stopping by from FMBT. How old is your little girl that is giving up the pacifier. I have a 22 month old who's teething and loves to chew and suck a Pacifier.
I know she will need to quit soon, so not looking forward to that.
Following you now...will be back for updates:)

Kristine Mullen said...

Heather, she turned 2 in March, so she's 26 months. If she likes to chew on it check out my post on the pacifier review.

http://ourporchswing.blogspot.com/2010/05/indestructable-pacifier-teething-ring.html

Homeschooling6 said...

She so cute!

Kristine said...

I am Kristine from Kansas. I have 5 children (4 girls and 1 boy). There ages are 28, 26, 24, 22 and 6! My first husband died of cancer at age 29. I was a widow with 4 children at age 29! It was a tough row to hoe, so to speak. I had a lot of trouble breaking my youngest daughter from the 'Binky' as we call it. I could really identify with you as I read. Anyway I just wanted to say hello and I love your stories. By the way the pic of Princess Joy pouting in the car seat is just adorable. I have seen that pout before in my own children. LOL. Have a blessed day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Since April 2010

AmazingCounters.com