Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stepping Out in Faith

After we began the school year last fall, I felt God was telling me it was time for a different curriculum.  Me, not wanting to change after I had started, just kept moving in the direction I had been headed.  My problem is that, most of the time, I am a black & white person.  I want to know where I'm going and when.  Then the getting there won't be the hard part.  So, to change curriculums mid-year did not sound like fun to me.  After all, I've only ever used one curriculum, and I've been using it for the past four years.  That would have meant (in my mind) taking time to look into a new curriculum(s) . . . . and then what would happen if I didn't like it or it wasn't working for the girls!?!?! 

All these months later, I wish I had listened to God. I may not be struggling to finish the year if I had just stepped out in faith.  So, when our computer crashed almost 3 weeks ago, it left me with some time to think about things.  I knew what God had told me, but I forgot the most important part.  He won't take the steps for us.  If we don't take that first step how can He lead us?  Just knowing He told us to do something isn't enough.  We need to act on it. 

I'm still not 100% what I'm using for a couple of subjects, but now that I'm moving in the right direction, I'm excited to see where God will lead us for next year. 

~Kristine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Since April 2010

AmazingCounters.com