Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Waiting Game

For those that don't know me, I'm a black and white kinda girl. I just like to know what I'm dealing with, no matter what it is.  Major things are not a big deal to me. (For example: our wedding photographer cancelled less than a month before my wedding and I was calm about it. I didn't see what getting worked up about it would do). Here's my downfall.....it's the small stuff that drives me crazy. Yes, I do believe I'm backwards but for some reason that's the way I'm wired.

I like to know what's going to happen and then I can deal with it. Doesn't matter if it's something 'big' or not.  It's the not knowing that can drive me nuts at times. Maybe some would say it's a control thing, but I don't think so. I don't need it my way, I just want some time to prepare and/or deal with whatever it is.

With that being said, one of those issues for me is, when will this baby come? Mind you, I'm not sick of being pregnant, I don't just 'want it over with', or anything like that. I'm one of those people who have fairly easy pregnancies and I genuinely like being pregnant. It's the waiting game that can bug me. I just want to know when. For the most part it doesn't matter if it's early, on time, or late. I just like to be prepared....mark it on my calendar, so to speak. Don't get me wrong. I know it's in God's timing and His timing is perfect, but can't I get the date so I can write it on the calendar?

And then today God showed me something. When our children have a birthday (or anyone for that matter) we don't tell them what we got them for a present, do we?  No. We like to surprise them.  If we told them it would take the fun & suspense out of the time we put into our gift giving. God wants the same for us. This baby will come when God is ready to give me this precious gift, and not a moment sooner. Too bad I couldn't wait a couple weeks longer. She would make the perfect birthday gift for me.....

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

And what a gift it will be Kristine.

Rebecca said...

That's beautiful. I think of that gift when my mind wonders to labor. It's a gift. I've been praying for a hint or two as to 'when' this child might come. Think Mary got a 'hint'? My gosh her circumstances were less than perfect for labor and delivery. I tend to think a lot about Mary while being pregnant. Helps me focus, or not focus on the 'what ifs' as they come. Like what if I get Dr.___ for delivery or what if there are complications I don't understand....
God knows and though I'll be the first to admit I'm really praying for patience. I know waiting until HIS timing will be the best.
I ask myself, ok what's a couple of days in the the end looking back. Just please Lord let it not be Valentine's day. Could you imagine what that would be like for him in middle school. Poor guy. Than we'll really have to talk about birds and bees, ugg.
It's hard to wait for this kind of gift. I really want to smell that baby smell again. Tickle his toes and see what he looks like!
Not much longer friend!! If you get the ticket first pass it along :-)

Kristine Mullen said...

Thank you both for the encouragement. I'm starting to get excited :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Since April 2010

AmazingCounters.com